Students should be made aware that eligibility for a scholarship does not equate to entitlement, and all information is correct at the time of publication. Students should also be informed that the university reserves the right to make changes to this scholarship scheme before or during the academic year. However, any changes made to the scholarship scheme during the academic year, will NOT impact on the awards made to students once they have started their courses.
The scholarships are offered as a reduction in the fees for the first year of study; and apply to all full-time Bachelors, Masters and Foundation level students. Scholarships are also offered to students progressing from University of Bolton International Foundation Year programmes to the first year of a Bachelor’s degree. The scholarship can be applied for another purpose as well (see below under “How we will apply the scholarship award”).
Scholarship AwardsUndergraduate/Postgraduate Degree students
- £4000 - Outstanding achievement award
- £3000 - Excellent achievement award
- £2000 - High achievement award
- £1350 - UOB International award
International Foundation Year students
- £2500 - Outstanding achievement award
- £2000 - Excellent achievement award
- £1500 - High achievement award
- £1000 - UOB International award
EligibilityStudents will qualify for the University of Bolton International scholarship scheme if they:
- have an “overseas” fee status (this applies to all non EU students)
- are self-funding students
- are studying on a full time course of one year or longer
Students will not qualify for a scholarship if they:
- are sponsored for their tuition fees - if students secure a tuition fee sponsorship after we award a scholarship, the scholarship will no longer apply
- are progressing to study at the University of Bolton from a partner institution with whom we have agreed reduced fees for progressing students
- have been awarded another scholarship
CriteriaEach student will be automatically considered for a scholarship award based on a range of factors including:
- Qualifications and grades obtained
- Relevant work experience (where applicable)
- Personal Statement
Application processThere is NO separate application process. We will determine the scholarship award once we receive an online application form with ALL supporting documents. Students will be notified of their scholarship award subsequent to an unconditional offer being made.
How we will apply the scholarship awardStudents may choose to utilise the scholarship award in one of two ways: EITHER (a) to reduce their tuition fees; OR (b), to pay towards the cost of their on-campus accommodation if they intend to stay at university residences. If students opt to stay off campus (private accommodation); the scholarship award WILL NOT pay for their off campus accommodation – in all such cases, we will reduce their tuition fees automatically.
To confirm their choice, students will be sent a separate scholarship confirmation email to which they MUST respond; if they fail to respond to our scholarship confirmation email, by default, their scholarship award will be applied to reduce their tuition fee.
Scholarship queriesPlease note that a scholarship decision made by the university is final.
If you have any queries or questions, these can be directed to the International Office at email@example.com.
Más información: http://goo.gl/yzvjy0